Welcome to The Southern Medical Group
Telephone: 0131 664 2148
The information on this website should give you and your family the
information you require to get the best from this practice:
The surgery at 322 Gilmerton Road was founded in 1952 and served mainly
the Moredun, Liberton and Gilmerton districts of the city. The house
was extended considerably in 1962 and again in 1990 to provide an increasing
range of services to our patients.
About the doctors
- Doctor Stuart Blair MBChB, DCH, MRCGP. Qualified at Edinburgh University in 1988, joining the Practice in 1996.
- Doctor Alison Stewart MBChB, DRCOG, DFSRH, MRCP, MRCGP. Qualified at Edinburgh University in 1998, joining the Practice in 2014.
- Doctor Saeed Shinwari MBChB, DFSRH, MRCGP. Qualified at
Quaid-E-Azam University Islamabad, joining the Practice in 2014.
- Dr Lorna Robinson MBChB, DCH, DRCOG, MRCGP. Qualified at Edinburgh University 2005, joining the Practice in 2015.
- Dr Catriona Wardrop, MBChB, DRCOG, MRCGP. Qualified at Dundee University, 2006, joining the Practice in 2015.
The Surgery is open: Monday to Friday 8:00am - 6:00pm.
There are a number of appointments available on a Monday evening and Thursday morning outwith normal hours.
Public Holidays 2016/17
- Monday 19th September 2016
- Monday 26th September 2016
- Tuesday 27th December 2016
- Monday 2nd and Tuesday 3rd January 2017.
The Appointment System
All consultations are by appointment. Our Nurse Practitioners consult daily and can both diagnose and prescribe. They confer with the
duty doctor if they feel it is appropriate.
These can be ordered in a variety of ways:
- Telephone - 664 8999
- Email - through the Practice web site
- Fax - 664 8303 (please note that the fax is not secure)
- The tear off re-order form which was attached to the previous prescription
- Writing a note, providing details of name, address, date of birth, contact number and what medication you require.
The local pharmacies have a collection/delivery service to the patient. You can request your prescription to be sent to a local pharmacy instead of collecting
at the Surgery. You may also hand your repeat request into your local pharmacy and they will deliver it to us for processing, but remember to give yourself
a bit of extra time for this. You should be aware that local pharmacies may charge for requesting an emergency supply to tide you over. Please allow
two working days for your prescription to be processed. If you wish to check whether your prescription has been processed and have asked for it to go
to a local pharmacy, please phone the pharmacy to check. Only if it has not reached the chemist should you phone the Surgery.
A NEW PRESCRIPTION
Please click the link below
Please note that this opens to a blank page
Please type in your, name, date of birth and what you require
Repeat Prescription :
You may see any doctor. Please give as much notice as possible when phoning.
Please be willing to accept an appointment with a different doctor if spaces
are unfilled. If you find that you cannot attend, let us know, and the appointment
can then be given to someone else. Urgent appointments are available the
same morning with one of our nurse practitioners if you phone at 8:00am
or as soon as possible thereafter. Similarly, afternoon appointments are
all allocated to patients phoning after 11.30am.